It’a great pleasure to announce that Snooze version 2.1 is out. Please read about the enhancements of this version.
Addition of two new services :
* Snoozeimages : provides a basic images management for snooze.
* Snoozeec2 : provides a subset of methods from the EC2 API.
Snooze web interface :
This release comes with a graphical web interface which allow to visualize real time your Snooze cluster, to manage your virtual machines…
In the same time the snoozeclient become deprecated, and was not updated for this version.
Puppet recipes updated :
We have updated the puppet recipes of snooze system to ease the installation. This recipes support debian based operating systems (Debian / Ubuntu).
They are intensly used in the Grid’5000 deployement script. You can test it with Vagrant or directly use the G5k deployement script.
G5k deployment script :
A new deployment script has been developped based on ruby technology. It makes use of
- Xp5k to reserve and deploy nodes
- Capistrano to launch command on nodes
- Puppet to configure the nodes
Download this version
The binary are hosted in github :
- Snoozenode : https://github.com/snoozesoftware/snoozenode/releases
- Snoozeimages :https://github.com/snoozesoftware/snoozeimages/releases
- Snoozeec2 : https://github.com/snoozesoftware/snoozeec2/releases
- Snoozeweb : https://github.com/msimonin/snoozeweb/releases
Give it a try !
Check the deployment procedure in the documentation.
Note that you can run Snooze in you local machine.